(Zwei-)Wöchentliche Webinare mit Dennis Gruenling

Der aktuelle Konzertkalender. Was kommt? Was war los?

Moderatoren: madhans, Juke, Adam_Lark

Juke

Mal für umme: Webinare mit Dennis Gruenling

Beitrag: # 125509Beitrag Juke »

Am Donnerstag, 22.12. und Sonntag, 26.12. bietet Dennis Gruenling kostenlose Livestreams an:
LIVE STREAM WEBINAR - FREE!
I'm back playing DJ, spinning some great tunes in a PRIVATE stream, talking about songs, playing music from my library, discussing some harp & other music topics. WITH LIVE chat, donations/tips are appreciated if you tune in and have some fun!

When: Dec 23, 2021 06:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Rockin' Blues-A-Boogie! Dec 23, 2021
und
FREE Harmonica Holiday Q&A

ALONG WITH SOME VERY SPECIAL GUESTS, I WILL BE ANSWERING ALL OF YOUR BLUES HARP RELATED QUESTIONS ON A LIVE Q&A!

SUNDAY DEC 26 2pm PACIFIC/5PM EASTERN

LOTS OF GIVEAWAYS ALSO!!

FREE HARP TIPS, PLAYING INSIGHTS, PRACTICE ADVICE, AND MUCH MORE INFO...EVEN IF YOU ARE ON SANTA'S NAUGHTY LIST, YOU ARE WELCOME TO JOIN...SPREAD THE WORD!!
Infos wie immer auf der Webseite:
Rockin' Blues - A - Boogie

Sunday Q&A Webinar

Schöne Grüße
Dirk
Ich spiele beide Sorten Musik: Chicago- und West Coast Blues! 8)

Du möchtest den Forumsamp ausprobieren? -> Ausleihe
Wer spielt heute wo? –> Konzertkalender
Du möchtest das Harpforum unterstützen? -> Harpforum-Shop
Juke

Webinar mit Dennis Gruenling: Verstärker für Harp

Beitrag: # 125755Beitrag Juke »

Am kommenden Samstag (8.1.) geht es bei Dennis Gruenling um Verstärker für Bluesharp:
This Next LIVE Saturday Q&A Webinar is going to be EPIC!
“Amplified Harp, pt.2 - AMPS”

For this webinar I lined up the four most respected and revered names in the custom harp amp world - live guests Gerald Weber (Kendrick Amplifiers) and Skip Simmons…plus special content featuring John Kinder (HarpKing amps) and Gary Onofrio (Sonny Jr).

There’ll be a TON of great information in regards to how amps work in general, thoughts on how to make amps work better for harp, and of course YOUR questions and answers from my own 30 years of playing amplified harmonica, through literally hundreds of amps!

Nothing like this has even been held before for Amplified Harmonica, especially with these Amp Geniuses...this will be a one-of-a-kind webinar not to be missed!

TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED:

What Makes a Great Amp "Great"
The Most Important Parts of an Amp
How Can Amps Become More Harp-Friendly
Some Classic Amps for Harmonica
Tubes & Tube-swapping
Different Kinds of Speakers & Cabinets
Die üblichen Infos gibt's wie immer auf Dennis' Webseite.

Schöne Grüße
Dirk

drstrange
Re: (Zwei-)Wöchentliche Webinare mit Dennis Gruenling

Beitrag: # 125756Beitrag drstrange »

Also die Typen sind ja schon ziemlich sehens- und hörenswert.

Weber von Kendrick wird ja hier gern als nicht seriös angesehen, ich meine wichtig ist was hinten raus kommt.
Er hat gute Amps im Portfolio. Aber er will das "Texas-Mojo" mitgezahlt haben.

Das John Kinder noch lebt erstaunt mich, mir schrieb er mal, daß er als Kind aus Osteuropa während der Nazizeit
zusammen mit seiner Familie nach USA emigriert wäre. So müßte er jetzt so um die > 90 Jahre alt sein.

Das wäre wirklich mal interessant grade was den Ton angeht und wie er gemacht wird.
Der Texas Crude Harp Amp von Weber ist mMn ein sehr guter Harp Amp aber eben zu teuer, wie alles was Weber anbietet.

Gruß
drstrange
Wis You where Bier
Juke

Beitrag: # 125760Beitrag Juke »

Ich würde mich freuen, wenn du hinterher ein wenig berichten könntest. Und ich vermute, da bin ich nicht der Einzige.

Schöne Grüße
Dirk

drstrange

Beitrag: # 125780Beitrag drstrange »

ich weiß nicht, ob ich mir das anschaue.
Kinder lässt ja nix raus, weil er selber 450 Dollar für sein ABF + haben will.
Auch noch so ein Rentnerprojekt um das Ding mal auseinander zu nehmen.
Zwei verschiebbare Notchfilter setzen sich auf die ersten beiden (obere und untere
Nadeln (Modulationsprodukte des Spektrums) und verhindern so Feedback was andres
kann es nicht sein. Aber Du weißt ja, Rentner haben niemals Zeit. Vielleicht später mal.
Ich bräuchte dafür aber auch einen Spectrumanalyzer im Audiofrequenzbereich. (300 Hz bis 300 kHz)
BTW: AFB +:
Versaut für mich den Sound. Ich hab eins aber mit den Amps von Christian
brauch ich es nicht (mehr). BTW: (Ich verkaufe es nicht)
Und Weber kenne ich ja bestens. Habe seine Bücher und Videos auf Deutsch übersetzt
und kenne deshalb (und schätze) seine unkonventionelle Ami Art die Probleme zu lösen.

Mal sehen, 20 Dollar sind mir eigentlich zu viel.Und ob Kinder wirklich teilnimmt oder
nur "gefeatured" wird, was immer das heißt, weiß ich auch nicht so genau.
Der Dritte ist Gary Onofrio, der meinen Cruncher gebaut hat aber da erwarte ich nicht
zu viel, ausser vielleicht self promotion. Den 4. im Bunde kenne ich nicht.
Doch der macht hier diesen Podcast und repariert auch Amps:

https://vintageamps.libsyn.com

Gruß
drstrange
Wis You where Bier
Juke

Steve Guyger bei Dennis Gruenling

Beitrag: # 125954Beitrag Juke »

Am kommenden Samstag (22.1.) hat Dennis Gruenling Steve Guyger als Gast in seinem Webinar:
"OBSCURE BLUES HARP CLASSICS"
w/ Steve Guyger

For this webinar I am teaming up with Steve not just because he is a close friend and one of the great traditional blues players around, but he also knows so much more about the obscure blues harp players and recordings than just about anyone I know.

Regardless of your playing level there will be something useful for you, including some breakdowns and tab from obscure classics from Dusty Brown, Sonny Boy Williamson III and more. Of course we will leave time for some great Chicago Blues stories, history, and Q&A with Steve as well!

TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED:

Overview of Traditional Blues Harp Techniques
Listening & Studying the old recordings
Licks & Breakdown of Dusty Brown
Licks & Breakdown of Sonny Boy III
Licks & Breakdown of Buster Brown
Playing Approach & Comparisons
Alle Infos zu Kosten, Zugangsdaten usw. findet ihr auf Dennis' Webseite.

Schöne Grüße
Dirk

Juke

Omar Coleman bei Dennis Gruenling

Beitrag: # 126089Beitrag Juke »

Am kommenden Samstag hat Dennis wieder einen Gast in seinem Webinar: Omar Coleman
OMAR COLEMAN picked up the harp out of curiosity, thinking it would be easy to learn, and before you know it he got pulled into the rich history of Chicago Blues. As he studied further into the Windy City’s musical legacy, he quickly became part of the scene himself, blending some soul sounds with the traditional Chicago Blues roots he fell in love with.

I first heard Omar as part of a compilation when I had my radio show back on WFDU many years ago, and have been a fan ever since. If you like blues harmonica, soulful vocals and a new twist on a classic genre, you will want to check out and learn more about Omar Coleman…and of course, we will have plenty of time for your own Q&A’s LIVE as we broadcast!

TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED:

His Chicago Blues Roots
His beginnings to playing harp
Starting out and Starting a Band
Studying the Masters of Blues Harp
Techniques and Approaches used
Weitere Infos dazu: Dennis' Webseite

Schöne Grüße
Dirk

Juke

Joe Filisko bei Dennis Gruenling zu SBW2

Beitrag: # 126291Beitrag Juke »

Am kommenden Samstag ist Joe Filisko zu Gast bei Dennis Gruenlings Webinar. Die beiden wollen sich zu Sonny Boy Williamson II (Alec Rice Miller) unterhalten.
Sonny Boy Williamson #2 with
special guest Joe Filisko!

Sonny Boy #2 (aka Rice Miller) was without a doubt one of the most influential harp players in the history of Blues. Not only was he an absolute master of technique, but his unique way of expressing himself musically and with nuances of texture was second to none.

Joining me as co-host is the worlds foremost Blues Harmonica technician and historian, Joe Filisko. Joe has studied the past masters of Blues Harmonica more than anyone I know, and we have joined forces to go in-depth into Sonny Boy’s techniques, signature licks, unique approach, lick breakdowns, and more! This will be THE webinar to help you truly get under the surface of this great Chicago Blues Harp Master!

TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED:

Harp Techniques Used
Understanding his approach
Levels of Sound and Techniques
Extensive Tongue-Blocking examples
Breakdowns of signature Licks
Weitere Infos gibt es wie immer direkt bei Dennis.

Schöne Grüße
Dirk

Juke

Blues Chromatic Classics bei Dennis Gruenling

Beitrag: # 126405Beitrag Juke »

Am kommenden Samstag gibt es das nächste Webinar mit Dennis:
MARCH 5, is my next LIVE Saturday Q&A Webinar on “Blues Chromatic Classics”! For this new Chromatic Webinar, we will be taking a look at some of the best blues chromatic solos and instrumentals, dissecting some licks note-for-note, and talking about specific techniques and approaches used by the likes of George “Harmonica” Smith, Little Walter, and more.

If you want some REAL blues chromatic vocabulary and exercises, or just want to add to your knowledge of playing Blues Chromatic, this is your chance!

Basic Blues Chromatic Techniques
Chromatic Pitfalls to Avoid
Working With Scales
George Smith Lick Breakdowns
Little Walter Lick Breakdowns
Chromatic Riff Tabs
Important Songs and Artists to Study
Infos wie immer: Dennis' Webseite

Schöne Grüße
Dirk

Juke

Webinar zu kleinen Amps mit Dennis Gruenling

Beitrag: # 126509Beitrag Juke »

Bei Dennis geht's am kommenden Samstag wieder um Verstärker, dieses Mal um die kleinen, geilen Harpamps.
Continuing my "Amplified Harmonica" series of webinars...“Small Amps” is the topic of my next LIVE Saturday Q&A Webinar on March 19. What you should know, look for, and what are they best for?

Pulling from my several decades of experience and joined by my Co-Pilot Chad (experienced harp player AND amp builder) we will talk about the most popular vintage harp amps, as well as discuss different topics such as “breakup”, tubes, speakers, and much more…and time for all of your questions!

Pros and Cons for small amps
Sound vs. Tone
Feedback discussion
Thoughts on Power tubes
Thoughts on Preamp tubes
Speaker types & styles
Classic small amps for harp, and why they are good
Alles weitere ... ihr wisst Bescheid: Dennis' Webseite

Schöne Grüße
Dirk

Juke

Webinar zu William Clarke mit Dennis Gruenling

Beitrag: # 126615Beitrag Juke »

In Dennis Gruenlings Webinar-Reihe geht es am kommenden Samstag um William Clarke:
By popular request on Sat April 2, I am doing my first webinar on the style & recordings of blues harp great William Clarke. Having studied under George “Harmonica” Smith, William Clarke took a lot from the classic Chicago Blues harp tradition and added his own twist to make a swinging and soulful style on both diatonic and chromatic harps.

For this session I will take several songs from his Blowin’ Like Hell album and put some intros, licks, and solos under the microscope to not only break down note-for-note, but to better understand his style and approach. In addition to the harp licks, I will discuss his overall style and techniques, plus leave time for questions on his recordings and style from all in attendance. Link above or below for more info and registration…

Overview of his background and influences
Specific Techniques used
Solo breakdowns
Intro Breakdowns
Diatonic & Chromatic licks
Specific look at his "Blowin' Like Hell" album
Special Guest Comments
Nähere Infos findet ihr wie immer auf Dennis Gruenlings Webseite.

Schöne Grüße
Dirk

Juke

Webinar mit Dennis Gruenling: Big Walter, Teil 2

Beitrag: # 126665Beitrag Juke »

Bei Dennis geht es am Samstag mit Big Walter Horton weiter:
The next Live Saturday Q&A webinar is going to be Part 2 of my Big Walter study! For this webinar I will be taking apart of his most famous and influential solos and recordings and not only breaking down his playing, but demonstrating and showing what makes Big Walter such a master at Blues Harmonica!

From sharp rhythmic attacks, to brilliantly supportive accompaniment, to masterful and dynamic solos, Big Walter did it all while having some of the biggest tone ever. Join us for this in-depth study of one of the greatest blues harp masters!

Specific Techniques used
Solo breakdowns
Accompaniment breakdowns
Intro Breakdowns
Specific look at work with Johnny Shines
Special Guest Comments
Anmeldung, Kosten usw. wie immer auf Dennis' Webseite.

Schöne Grüße
Dirk

Juke

Westside Andy bei Dennis Gruenling

Beitrag: # 126716Beitrag Juke »

Am kommenden Samstag ist Westside Andy als Gast in Dennis Gruenlings Webinar:
Westside Andy picked up his first harp at age 11 and never looked back! After being turned on to the classic Chicago Blues from the likes of Muddy Waters, Little Walter, Howlin’ Wolf and more, he got bit bad by the blues bug. Over the years he’s had a rich history of performing with artists such as Luther Allison, Pinetop Perkins, Hubert Sumlin, Billy Flynn and countless others.

In recent years he has been tearing it up with Reverend Raven on the blues circuit, as well as participating in many “Blues in the Schools” programs. If you don’t know Westside Andy, or if you want to get to know more about this great harp player, you will certainly want to join us for this Live Q&A Webinar session!

Early Musical Influences
Beginning on the Harp
Harp Techniques Used
Favorite Chicago Blues Artists
Recording & Touring insights
Nähere Infos: klick!

Schöne Grüße
Dirk

Juke

Nick Moss bei Dennis Gruenling

Beitrag: # 126805Beitrag Juke »

Im Webinar bei Dennis Gruenling ist am kommenden Samstag Nick Moss zu Gast. Thema soll das Spielen in einer Band sein.
“PLAYING IN A BAND” w/NICK MOSS - Nick Moss started his long career in the blues business backing up some of the older legends of the blues as a bassist and guitarist. His 30+ years of experience with some of the best in the business (players such as Jimmy Rogers, Willie "Big Eyes" Smith, Jimmy Dawkins, the Legendary Blues Band, Barrelhouse Chuck, Kim Wilson, and many more) also includes many years leading his own band with multiple award nominations and wins including 2020 Blues Music Awards for “Band of the Year” and “Traditional Blues Album of the Year”.

Nick Moss and I know what it takes to be part of a band that plays well together, and that knows how to collectively groove, cue, build tension and work cohesively as a unit on stage. This will be much more than specific “accompaniment” topics, it will also cover things such as repertoire, leading a band, backing and building up behind players, cues, "jam" and "sitting in" tips, and other skills it takes to communicate, groove, and work well within a band setting.

This webinar will cover many topics and questions including:

Nick's experience with Chicago Blues Masters
Tips to "Stack The Odds In Your Favor" on ANY Bandstand
Finding The Right Players
What & How to Practice/Rehearse
Learning Different Grooves
Bandleading and Cues
Knowing Your Part in the Mix
Playing Together Cohesively
Alles weitere findet ihr auf Dennis' Webseite.

Schöne Grüße
Dirk

Juke

Mittelgroße Verstärker in Dennis Gruenlings Webinar

Beitrag: # 126828Beitrag Juke »

In Dennis Gruenlings Webinar geht es am kommenden Samstag um "mittelgroße" Verstärker.
Continuing my "Amplified Harmonica" webinar series with this new session this week on "Medium Size Amps". Honestly, this is going to be exciting for me personally since I will talk about about some of my absolute favorite amps for harmonica, share my experiences with them, and let you in on some tips of my own that have helped me on stage and in the studio.

Joining me for this session of course is my good friend Chad, who not only plays great harp, but also builds and repairs amplifiers, and has a TON of experience working with amps for harp. We will talk ALL aspects of medium size amps that you need to know and discuss our favorites, in addition to talking specifics about tubes, speakers, and more.

TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED:

What is a "Medium-Size" Amp
Most Popular Circuits
Sharing Experience Using Many of these Amps
Favorite Models
Speaker Discussion
Tube Discussion
Alle weiteren Infos wie immer hier (klick).

Schöne Grüße
Dirk

Antworten