Online Workshop über Sonny Boy Williamson I. mit Filisko/Shellist

Lehrer, Kurse, Bücher, CDs und Videos. Links zu Online-Tutorials.

Moderatoren: madhans, Juke, Adam_Lark

Antworten
harp-addicted
Online Workshop über Sonny Boy Williamson I. mit Filisko/Shellist

Beitrag: # 129180Beitrag harp-addicted »

Ronnie Shellist bietet über seinen Webshop folgenden Kurs an:
Sonny Boy Williamson I class featuring guest teacher Joe Filisko - Saturday April 22nd at 10am Pacific/12pm Central/1pm Eastern

Im Moment kostet der Kurs 30$ (28,75€), später(?) dann 35$. Er läuft als Zoom-Meeting und wird aufgezeichnet. Die Aufzeichnung und evtl. Unterlagen gibt's später als Download. Man muss also nicht unbedingt live dabei sein.
(alle Angaben bzg. Preise, Bedingungen, Zeiten usw. ohne Gewähr)

Die Beschreibung in Ronnies Newsletter dazu:
Surprise! Joe Filisko will be joining Harmonica123 for a topic that I've personally never taught/offered in a class. It's actually remarkable considering how important this artist is.

When I decided that I wanted to do a Sonny Boy I class, I knew that the Joe would be the single strongest candidate to teach such a class. Sure, I could teach a SBI song but Joe has spent several years analyzing his technique and style. This is a great opportunity to learn from a master. You will not find a better breakdown or understanding of Sonny Boy Williamson I and his approach to playing harmonica. Don't miss this one.

From Joe..

John Lee "Sonny Boy" Williamson no.1, is widely regarded as the Grandfather of the Big Sound & Tone Chicago Blues harp style and had a huge influence on Little and Big Walter, James Cotton and Junior Wells.

This class will look into the "layers" of what makes up SBW1's sound by way of a study song, John Lee's Blues, made up of only his licks and phrases, you can head here to take a listen. More than 90% of his recordings come from the roots of this song. This song is something that you can do with some smart practice.

This will help you understand the importance of Tongue Blocking and the five different layers of sound it allows for. It will also best help you to understand why SBW1 was so important to the next generation of players.

Joe sent some links to tracks that Sonny Boy Williamson I recorded with Big Joe Williams. Those recordings would be Sonny Boy's last ones. There's also a video in the playlist of Joe demonstrating many of his riffs. You can check out the playlist here.
Grüße, Wolfgang
https://www.bootlegtwins.de + http://www.bluesharp-muenchen.de
Ich mache brotlose Kunst. Wegen der Kohlehydrate...
Antworten