(Zwei-)Wöchentliche Webinare mit Dennis Gruenling

Der aktuelle Konzertkalender. Was kommt? Was war los?

Moderatoren: madhans, Juke, Adam_Lark

Juke

Mark Wenner Gast bei Dennis Gruenling

Beitrag: # 123967Beitrag Juke »

Am kommenden Samstag (3.7.) ist Mark Wenner der Gast in Dennis Gruenlings wöchentlichem Webinar.
Special Guest MARK WENNER - a founding member of the Nighthawks since the early 1970’s, Mark Wenner has been singing and playing harp with the Nighthawks as well as backing up many legends of Blues and American roots music for decades. Pulling inspiration from everybody such as Little Walter, Muddy Waters and Sonny Boy Williamson, to Carl Perkins, James Brown and Buddy Johnson, Mark Wenner and the Nighthawks have found a way to take the traditional 4-piece blues band lineup and consistently create new approaches for over 40 years.

During this webinar we will get some history of the band, behind the scenes stories from the road and performing with many blues legends, as well as music and harp-specific talk with Mark about leading a band and performing show after show, year after year and keeping it fresh!

TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED:

History of the Nighthawks
Behind the scenes stories with blues legends
Insights on touring and recording
Keeping your approach fresh
Pulling from many American Roots influences
In-depth Harp Talk
Wie immer findet ihr die relevanten Infos zur Teilnahme auf dem Dennis ihm seiner Webseite.

Schöne Grüße
Dirk
Ich spiele beide Sorten Musik: Chicago- und West Coast Blues! 8)

Du möchtest den Forumsamp ausprobieren? -> Ausleihe
Wer spielt heute wo? –> Konzertkalender
Du möchtest das Harpforum unterstützen? -> Harpforum-Shop
Juke

Mark Wenner bei Dennis Gruenling

Beitrag: # 123996Beitrag Juke »

Dennis bleibt seiner Linie der letzten Wochen treu und bietet das Webinar mit Mark Wenner auch an diesem Samstag (10.7.) noch einmal an.
Details: siehe oben.

Schöne Grüße
Dirk

Juke

Bei Dennis Gruenling geht's um George Harmonica Smith

Beitrag: # 124026Beitrag Juke »

Am Samstag der nächsten Woche (24.7.) ist George Harmonica Smith das Thema bei Dennis Gruenlings Webinar.
GEORGE SMITH study pt.1 - Ever since I first heard George Smith, I was hooked on his approach to playing blues harp. From his full tone, intentional phrasing, big octaves, 3rd position and more…I was immediately drawn in! Many of us have spoken about George in my webinars, but this is the first webinar to go more in-depth with his style and playing approach on this VERY big blues harp innovator.

During this webinar we will break down some of his techniques, some of his famous licks and passages, and really get into what makes his style so unique and moving. This is for all level students, and we will talk about diatonic as well as chromatic blues playing…don’t miss it!

TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED:

What makes his style so unique
Techniques and approaches on diatonic harp
Techniques and approachers on chromatic
Intentional phrasing
Breaking down passages
Essential listening and learning
Alles weitere: Dennis' Webseite

Schöne Grüße
Dirk

Juke

Aki Kumar zu Gast bei Dennis Gruenling

Beitrag: # 124138Beitrag Juke »

Am Samstag der nächsten Woche (7.8.) ist Aki Kumar Gast in Dennis Gruenlings Webinar.
Special Guest AKI KUMAR - Leaving your native home (in India) with sights on becoming a software engineer in the U.S. is not how your typical harp hero story begins…and we do not have your typical harp hero lined up next. Coming on Aug 7 is very special guest Aki Kumar! After discovering the Blues, everything changed for Aki.

Steeping himself in the blues scene of Northern CA for years, then becoming a force to be reckoned with on the harp, and now with his cross-cultural “Bollywood” Blues sound, Aki has a deep respect for the blues and it’s tradition as well as a vision pushing him and his music forward. Join us for this exclusive Q&A webinar with this ground-breaking artist to talk about a ton of blues harmonica, music traditions, and finding one’s own (new) voice within traditional music scenes.

TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED:

Discovering the Blues
Learning about the History & Masters of Blues Harp
Techniques and approachers on diatonic & chromatic
Blending musical influences
Finding your own "voice" and approach
Pushing Traditional Music forward
Alles weitere: Dennis' Webseite

Schöne Grüße
Dirk

Juke

Besseres Hören mit Dennis Gruenling

Beitrag: # 124209Beitrag Juke »

Am 21.8. geht es im Webinar bei Dennis Gruenling um besseres Hören:
HOW TO LISTEN BETTER - A recurring theme in many of my webinars is how important it is to LISTEN while you try to learn more about playing this music and this instrument. Well, for my next webinar I will show you exactly HOW to listen and WHAT to listen for! Using my experience from the past couple decades of learning and teaching, we will listen and talk about all different kinds of songs…and different aspects of these songs (and harp playing) to pay attention to for all different skill levels.

In addition to this, I will dedicate part of this webinar to breaking down and examining some passages and licks BY REQUEST from participants! Reserve your spot early, this will be a very interactive webinar while you listen with me and I open your eyes (and ears) on how to listen and learn better on the harmonica…and don’t forget to send in your requests of licks to listen to and breakdown. See you there!

TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED:

Different Levels of Listening
Hearing More Than Just a "song"
Listening for Structure
Listening For Texture and Techniques
Best Way To Spend Time Listening
BREAKDOWNS by REQUEST!!
Alles weitere wie immer: Dennis' Webseite

Schöne Grüße
Dirk

Juke

Hank Shreve am 4.9. bei Dennis Gruenling

Beitrag: # 124389Beitrag Juke »

Dennis Gruenling kündigt für sein Webinar am 4.9. Hank Shreve als Gast an:
Special guest HANK SHREVE - Beginning at the age of 8 years old, multi-instrumentalist Hank Shreve has become one of the most respected harmonica players from the Pacific Northwest. Winning many area championships, as well as local and regional awards, Hank is now endorsed by Hohner Harmonicas and rightfully so. Taking a healthy respect of the blues tradition and adding in his own wide range of roots music influences, Hank is truly carving out his own musical vision and path with great results.

In this webinar we will learn about his musical background, his many influences, and how all the parts if his musical vision come together to push forward from a traditional blues music approach. Hank has also been teaching harmonica for years, so we will pick his brain on techniques, lessons that everyone should know, and what has helped him most to continue to learn and move forward with his approach. Sign up now!

TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED:

Early Musical Beginnings
Other American Roots Influences
Pacific Northwest Blues Scene history & mentors
Blues Harp Tradition
Most Important Lessons To Learn
Bringing Together Influences into your Own Style
Wie immer findet ihr alle weiteren Informationen auf dem Dennis ihm seiner Webseite.

Schöne Grüße
Dirk

Juke

Dennis Gruenling am 18.9. über Amps & Co.

Beitrag: # 124542Beitrag Juke »

Das nächste Thema, das Dennis Gruenling in seinem Webinar am 18.9. anspricht, ist das elektrisch verstärkte Spiel:
Special topic - “AMPLIFIED HARP” - My next webinar is one I’ve been planing for a long time and will be the first on a topic that is near and dear to me - Amplified Harmonica Playing. With my several decades of experience playing amplified harmonica, as well my experience with literally thousands of microphones and amps, I will be talking about the most important things to keep in mind, what will help you get the most out of your equipment, and of course dispel common myths and untruths about amplified harp and related equipment.

How can you get the best sound out of your amp and mic? What is the difference between various bullet microphones? Don’t all mics, amps, and effects basically work the same? I’ve taught many absolute beginners and just as many seasoned pros a thing or two about amplified harmonica playing, and I will have some Live Q&A time, so reserve your spot for the first session in this series!

TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED:

Understanding the Sound Chain
Acoustic vs. Amplified Tone
Sound vs. Tone
Basic Bullet Microphone Differences
Amplified Techniques
Basic Harp Amp Styles and Qualities
Weitere Infos ... ihr wisst Bescheid.

Schöne Grüße
Dirk

Juke

Tonemonster Gary Smith bei Dennis Gruenling

Beitrag: # 124642Beitrag Juke »

Weiter geht's bei Dennis Gruenling mit seinem Webinar am 2. Oktober. Dann hat er wieder einen besonderen Gast in der Leitung:
Special Guest GARY SMITH - My next webinar guest is known worldwide for his monster tone as much as his musical chops, Mr. Gary Smith. Starting on harmonica in the 1960’s, Gary has long been known as The Godfather of the Bay Area Blues Harp Scene. Also an accomplished songwriter and vocalist, Gary has mesmerized traditional blues harp players and fans worldwide with his no-nonsense approach and thick-as-mollases tone.

Gary has been teaching, mentoring, singing, playing and all around entertaining on the scene for longer than most players anywhere nowadays, and we will learn his history, as well as many tips, tricks and insights on all things relating to Blues Harmonica. Gary has tons of experience with all kind of harp gear as well, and this will be an all-out, no-holds-barred Q&A session with one of the legends on the Blues Harp scene.

TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED:

Bay Area Blues History
Learning Harp in the 1960's & 70's
What is Tone?
Favorite Recordings and Influences
Most Important Things To Learn On Harp
Amp and Microphone Advice
Die Infos zu genauen Zeiten, Kosten usw. findet ihr wie immer auf der Webseite von Dennis.

Schöne Grüße
Dirk

Juke

Joe Filisko bei Dennis Gruenling: Sonny Boy #1

Beitrag: # 124702Beitrag Juke »

Am Samstag (16.10.) steht Sonny Boy #1 auf dem Programm. Als fachkundiger Gast wird Joe Filisko zugeschaltet sein.
Sonny Boy Williamson #1 w/special guest Joe Filisko - The focus for the next Q&A Webinar is the grandfather of all Blues Harmonica players, John Lee “Sonny Boy” Williamson. We will be going back to the foundation of it all, with the foremost authority on Traditional Blues Harmonica, Joe Filisko.

We will talk about what makes Sonny Boy #1 so important, what techniques you need to know, important licks and patterns he used, and a breakdown of signature riffs. Along with this conversation we will talk about the development of Chicago Blues Harmonica and it’s techniques as we know it, and other early harmonica stylists. Join us for an in-depth look and discussion on the man who changed it all for generations to come of Blues and Roots Harmonica…Sonny Boy #1!

TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED:

Develop of Chicago Blues Harmonica
Early Chicago Blues Harp History
Key Elements to Sonny Boy #1's Style
The Development of Lead Blues Harmonica playing
Signature Riffs and Licks
Breakdowns of specific Sounds and Techniques
Weitere Infos usw. ... ihr wisst Bescheid: klick

Schöne Grüße
Dirk

Juke

Marine Band von Joe Filisko als Bonus zum Webinar

Beitrag: # 124767Beitrag Juke »

Übrigens, wer schlanke 250 USD für die Teilnahme am Webinar mit Joe Filisko überweist, bekommt eine originale Custom Marine Band von Joe dazu.
Ein angemessener Preis, finde ich. Die Stückzahlen sind aber begrenzt. Man sollte sich also sputemn, wenn man entsprechende Gelüste hegt.

Schöne Grüße
Dirk

Juke

Kirk "Jellyroll" Johnson bei Dennis Gruenling

Beitrag: # 124837Beitrag Juke »

In Dennis Gruenlings inzwischen zweiwöchentlichem Webinar ist am 30.10. Kirk "Jellyroll" Johnson zu Gast.
One of the top Nashville harp players for decades, Jellyroll has recorded with the likes of Etta James, Guy Clark, Kenny Rogers, Trisha Yearwood, Lee Ann Womack and countless others. But make no mistake, he’s not just another country harp player! He has several stellar recordings under his own name showcasing his traditional jazz and blues stylings, and he can play soulful blues with the best of them!

I first met Jellyroll when I started going to the SPAH Harmonica Convention many years ago and he always blew me away with not only his sweet tone, but his always-tasteful phrasing and vocabulary…and he is a SERIOUS player, no recycled licks here! Please join us for this in-depth Q&A on all things concerning blues harp, the Nashville music scene, and his rich career in music with this renowned player.

TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED:

Beginnings on the music & touring scene
Recording with music legends
The Nashville music & recording scene
Blending Jazz & Blues cohesively
Playing traditional American Music with advanced techniques
Advice for learning harp AND music
Infos hier.

Schöne Grüße
Dirk

Juke

Webinar mit Richard Sleigh bei Dennis Gruenling im Stream

Beitrag: # 124927Beitrag Juke »

Dennis Gruenling bietet sein Webinar mit Richard Sleigh von März nun als Stream an.
Leider nach wie vor nicht kostenlos ...
Nähere Infos findet ihr auf Dennis' Webseite.

Schöne Grüße
Dirk

Juke

James Cotton ist Thema im Webinar mit Dennis Gruenling

Beitrag: # 125055Beitrag Juke »

Der Dennis wieder. Dieses Mal soll es bei ihm um James Cotton gehen:
JAMES COTTON study pt.1 - one of the most influential harp players in the post-war Chicago Blues era and beyond was James Cotton. From his classic work backing up Muddy Waters and Otis Spann, to his solo legendary recordings as a bandleader, Cotton’s approach on harmonica was equally muscular and nuanced.

During this session I will take a look at some of my favorite recordings of James Cotton as a sideman and as a leader, and dissect not only his approach to accompaniment playing, but also his unique sense of urgency and phrasing. In addition, I will look at some of his most popular licks from some of his most powerful solos and break some down in the webinar for you. See you there!

TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED:

Classic recorded legacy of James Cotton
Discussion on standout accompaniment recordings
Look at standout instrumentals
Breakdown of specific techniques
Overall approach on diatonic harp
Playing Intensity & Phrasing
Infos und Anmeldung

Schöne Grüße
Dirk

Juke

Webinar mit Dennis Gruenling: Bending

Beitrag: # 125165Beitrag Juke »

Diesen Samstag geht es um das Thema Benden:
“BENDING!” …one of the most important techniques for playing blues harmonica, yet one of the most mysterious and frustrating. For this week’s LIVE Q&A Webinar I will go deep into discussion about note-bending on the harmonica, with tips, exercises, and more.

Of course there will be plenty of time for your personal chat and questions, and I will save time for ANY technique-related questions during this special session.

TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED:

Understanding Bending
Exercises
Demonstrations
How To Practice Bending
Bending on Low Harps
Other Technique Questions
Alle Infos, wie immer: https://badassharmonica.com/collections ... a-webinars

Schöne Grüße
Dirk

Juke

Hank Mowery bei Dennis Gruenling

Beitrag: # 125305Beitrag Juke »

Am kommenden Samstag (11.12.) begrüßt Dennis Gruenling Hank Mowery in seinem Webinar.
In the 1990’s Hank Mowery came on the scene with the Hawktones and not only started getting some recognition, but was also General Manager of the Rhythm Kitchen Cafe, booking and sitting in with the national and international talent. Some tours with Mike Morgan & The Crawl followed, as well as many special performances and bookings with the likes of Doug Deming, Nick Moss, Rusty Zinn, John Brim and the late great Gary Primich.

Not only does Hank have plenty of experience singing, playing harp, and performing with his tight band, but he also has an insight into the music scene and many of the great players who have been touring for the past several decades. Join us for this insightful session talking harp, music nightlife, touring with a band, memories of William Clarke, Gary Primich, and so much more!

TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED:

Early Music Beginnings
Live Blues Touring Scene
Influence of William Clarke & Gary Primich
What's Important on the Bandstand
Recording Experience
Other Harp Topics
Weitere Infos findet ihr wie immer mit 'nem Klick.

Schöne Grüße
Dirk

Antworten